July 31, 2010

Destination Hong Kong (Day 3)

Day 3 is Ocean Park and The Peak day. It is still signal #3 in Hong Kong. We went to MTR Admiralty where we bought the tickets and rode the bus route 629 to Ocean Park around 10am. The Park is just 30minutes ride. It’s a very cloudy day. Even if it’s just 10am, it seems like it is already 5:30pm. Then we arrived the Ocean Park, took pictures in the entrance then kaboom! - the massive rain showers poured. As we are entering, the staff told us that the rides are closed. But we have no choice as I already entered the park. We just hoped that we can enjoy the tour and the shows. We entered the Atoll Reef where we stayed the most time as we are all fond of watching the different kinds of fishes in the huge aquarium. We all enjoyed them. My most favorite is the Stingray which killed Steve Irwin last 2006. I also saw the ugliest fish I've ever seen in my life. I don't know what its called but it's in the picture. Fortunately, at around 1pm, the storm signal was lowered to signal #1 so some of the rides were re-opened. I rode the mine train. Well, it looks like a small roller coaster for me. But wow, it made me cry to thrill. It’s like as if I will be thrown to the ocean underneath the train. After that, I didn’t ride anything again. While my sister and brother enjoyed the rides such as the Dragon Roller Coaster, Raging River, and the Space Wheel, I just ate lunch with my parents. Seriously, Ocean Park offers breathtaking thrills for all those who want to satisfy their adventure needs. But to do that, other than a good fine weather, you also need to be prepared in a long walk around the park. It’s really tiring because you have to go up and down. Around 3:30pm, we finally rode the cable car going back to the Bus. Ocean Park is really not complete without the ride of cable car so we really took the chance before the signal #3 is hoisted again. The downhill of Ocean Park is for the kids so we just walk around and find this How to Train a Dragon Set. Because we love the movie, we entered and saw the wax of the characters and dragon inside. It’s fun but after that the rain shower hit us again so we have to put our raincoats again. Finally, we rode the 629 Bus going to Admiralty Station and we head back to our hotel. My dad is insisting of going to the Peak but we are all wet and cold. I told him that all we can see is fog on our way up. It is really not worth it (If I can only capture the heavy rain showers and show it here). Well, maybe next time. So, we change our clothes, eat noodles, and fix our things. We decided to go to MongKok and buy the camera of my sister. Before buying the camera, we went to the Ladies Market to buy some HK T-shirt souvenirs. I never expected that the vendors here are a little crazy literally. One lady vendor just grabbed my arm and told me, “Give me money! Give me money!”, so my sister and I just ran off and I heard her with other vendors laughing out loud. Oh my God! I really won’t ever go back to that place. They’re crazy. Actually all of their products except for the HK souvenirs can be bought in the 168 mall here in Manila so why go there and pay higher. Oh well. After that, we bought the camera in Wing Shing Electronics which I researched as one of the recommended stores to buy digital electronics. Yeah, I think it’s much lower than in Hidalgo, Quiapo. Good choice. We went to the high-end Langham Mall still in MongKok and rode the MTR going back to TST. It’s around 11pm and I am eager to go to Granville and buy clothes but my sister is already tired and I don’t want to go alone after that MongKok experience. So I chat again with my online friends and sleep. I can feel my aching legs..

No comments:

Post a Comment