July 10, 2010

We are all Witnesses

Historical decision has finally been made today. Yes it is official – Lebron James will join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami Heat. Honestly, I’m already expecting the King to leave Cleveland after an early exit in the 2010 Playoffs but I really did not expect that he will choose the Heat over other teams buying for him such as the Knicks and Bulls. On the much-awaited interview aired today, he emphasized on his desire to win not only regular season games but also multiple championships with his new team. I cannot blame Lebron on this decision since after playing all his seven years career in Ohio on a high level, he still cannot deliver a ring. With his competitive mentality, I guess any player in his position will agree on his choice. When you gave up everything you had and still got negative result, you will feel miserable and tired of it. Now that Heat has set up the maybe greatest big three for the years to come, this team is undeniably a threat to all other NBA teams. Imagine during times when Lebron will have an off-night game, either Wade or Bosh can pick it up. I assume they already established their chemistry when they played for Team USA in FIBA so playing with each other should not be a problem. As an NBA fan, I would be very happy to see these exciting players run the floor doing crazy basketball stuffs but I cannot deny the fact that I am worried on the Lakers’ quest for three-peat next season. Well, it all depends in the chemistry and who wants it more. For Cleveland, well we know that you cannot get another Lebron James type of player but I guess being a witness to seven years of amazing seasons with Lebron is already an achievement. Yes Lebron didn’t get the Cavaliers a ring but I know that Lebron’s heart will always be in his hometown forever. It’s just unfortunate for them that Lebron left to fill a missing piece in his heart to make everything better. That’s life. I believe Cleveland will eventually move on with their new head coach Byron Scott. Cleveland fans just have to deal with the loss and who knows maybe in God’s time, they will again be witnesses to greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment