July 3, 2010

I Miss Hollywood.. =(

Wow it’s already July! Time really flies so fast nowadays. Just five months from now is the Christmas season again. Oh my! I badly miss my US trip last December. If only I could go back there again this year. I miss the kind people, the shopping outlets (Cabazon!), the food cooked by Tita Rhoda (the steak!) and Kuya Jene (the Pink Pork Binagoongan!) and of course the places we visited (Downtown, Bear Mountain, Disney!!!). Gosh! I think my one month stay in Los Angeles + Las Vegas + San Francisco will be the happiest days of my life. During my stay there, I only have to think of what and where to shop and tour around – Yes, seriously! I miss shopping in LA!!! – Costco, Best Buy, Walmart, $0.99 store, Target waaaaah! I just realized how overpriced are the products here in Manila. Like in States, you can buy Nine West Bags for $10. The Jansport Bags are sold $16-20, Converse shoes for $19-20, Little Caesar’s one whole pizza for $5 (no waiting!), Nike & Abercrombie shirts for $10, H&M pants for $10, and Anne Klein watches for $25 – Oh, I just want to go shop again there! So don’t be surprised if I say that since experiencing shopping in LA, I never ever again shop in any boutiques here in Manila. I am very lucky that we stayed in a very hospitable and nice people in LA who toured us around and make ourselves feel at home.
I am still overwhelmed with their kindness to us. Sometimes I still imagine myself in my room there wondering how many layers of jackets will I wear to ease the cold winter nights and staying late to search the net on what things am I missing to buy. My vacation in LA is really “heaven”. Obviously, I am missing those wonderful moments in LA. All I can do now is to browse the pictures and watch the videos so I could somehow lessen my “longing”. I just hope that I could visit again the City of Angels someday. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment