July 31, 2010

Destination Hong Kong (Day 1)

We are finally going to Hong Kong!

Our flight is at 7:55am so we left Bulacan around 4am, went to my sister’s house in Paranaque and Kuya Sam fetch us to the airport. Everything is smooth as we planned. We boarded around 7:30 and exactly 8:00, we flew to HK.We landed the Hong Kong International Airport at exactly 10am and as expected, this airport is nothing compared to the NAIA and LA airport. It was really huge! Imagine there is a train going to and from inside! Because it is our first time, I keep an eye to my printed own “dummy for HK traveler” so we didn’t get lost inside. We bought the octopus card and got maps and brochures about Hong Kong. As we are heading to the exit, we felt very hungry but decided to just eat in our area in TST. So we head to the Airbus 21 Terminal going to the city. While riding the bus, I checked my phone and wow, there is wifi. So during the 45minutes trip, I am emailing my friends and of course checking the latest NBA Free-agency news. I am the only one who didn’t sleep in the bus. In our itinerary, it says that we have to stop in Bus stop 14. So after the drop off point 13, I am eagerly waiting to the next stop but then when I checked the LED screen flashing inside the bus, it is already 15. Blame it all to the paper. I just print out the directions. I didn’t notice that the bus stops are all odd numbers. So we walked from East Tsim Sha Tsui to the main road of TST along Nathan Road for like 15 minutes. We checked in the City Guesthouse inside Chung King Mansions. It is a budgetel and I chose it because it has many good reviews in the net. I was supposed to book Tai San but was left with 1 room only it is really meant to be to this hotel. We rest and fix our things and walk to the nearest fastfood to eat lunch. Guess where? – McDonalds!!! Well, we are very hungry that time so who can complain. There are so many Filipino around and my dad always talked to them mostly Pinays. After eating by 3pm, we head to Mong Kong. Ride the MTR for the first time. Wow, it is really amazing. It’s very fast and can accommodate like thousands if full. Mong Kok is just 3 stations away from TST so we arrived after 5minutes. We went to the famous Ladies Market, Electronics, and Sporting Goods streets. We checked out different street foods. I saw a food store which sells this not-so-tasty-awful-smell soup. Just look at the picture.. eeww. Almost in every block, there are vendors of milk tea which I like. By 5pm, we head back to TST to go to the Avenue of Stars. It’s like the Chinese version of Hollywood’s Walk of Fame in LA. Of course I didn’t miss the chance to see Jackie Chan’s star. I am looking for Shu Qi’s star but didn’t see it maybe she has none yet. After taking pictures with the stars, we went to the SOGO mall which is just 5minutes away from there. We stayed there until 7:45 and then we head back to the Avenue of Stars where we await the Symphony of Lights. By 8:15, the show started and it runs for 15minutes. It didn’t amaze me at all. But I still took video of the whole show. By 8:30pm we walked to our area and find KFC along Cameron Road. It’s weird that KFC & Mcdo in HK has no rice so we just ordered burgers. By 10pm, my sister and I went to Granville Road where many says that there are many clothing stores around. By 11pm, due to my sister’s call of nature, we went back to the hotel and sleep. Well I did around 1am because I am still chatting with my friends in Manila. Day 1 itinerary is nicely done.

No comments:

Post a Comment