December 24, 2010

Cartoons of the 90s!

I remember last December 4 when almost everyone on Facebook changed their profile pictures to cartoon characters. Their status stated the following:

"Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until monday there should be no human faces on facebook, but an invasion of memories! This is for a campaign against violence on children."

For my case, I chose Bioman. It's my all-time favorite childhood cartoon TV show. I even watched it again in DVD like 2 years ago and I am listening to its soundtrack on my iPod once in a while. Haha.

BIO-INTERGRATE! red 1! green 2! blue 3! yellow 4! pink 5! bio team fight! bioman!





It’s fun. It’s reminding us of our favorite cartoon characters when we were kids.

So let me begin to reminisce the cartoons that we used to watch every 10AM or every 4PM on ABS-CBN during the 90s. Let's face it, these are the cartoons that made our day complete back during our elementary days.


I'm sorry GMA fans. I don't know but only ABS-CBN, IBC13, and ABC5 showed few cartoons that really struck me when I was kid.

1) The Trapp Family Singers



2) Sarah - Ang Munting Prinsesa
Not only did Sarah became famous in this show, but also Miss Minchin, Lavinia, Becky, & Ermingard. Haha.



3) Cedie - Ang Munting Prinsipe
Because of Cedie, I learned how to play flute.




4) Julio at Julia
Oh, that very famous opening song - "Si Julio at Julia, kambal ng tadhana.."



5) Si Mary at ang Lihim na Hardin
Still being replayed in QTV over & over again.



6) Peter Pan
One of my super favorites!



7) Remi
Kapitan Vitalis.



8) Pasko ni Santa
Where can I get a DVD of this? =( FYI. Jolina Magdangal sung the opening song.

Sino nga ba siyang nakasuot pula?
Hila ng mga usa
Puti ang balbas niya, siya'y mataba
Lahat ng batay's naghihintay sa kanya

Namimigay siya ng mga regalo
Tuwing sasapit ang araw ng pasko
Mula sa araw na ito
Maghihintay kami sayo

Saan ka ba, nagmumula?
Sana doon kami'y isama mo
Nais nais makita kung pano ginagawa
Mga regalong pinamimigay mo
Nais naming... laruan, libro, damit na pamasko!

9) Time Quest
Takure!!!




10) Ghost Fighter
We even created a cheering based on the tune of this. 2nd Year Highschool. Addict. Unforgettable. Haha.




11) Sailor Moon
Almost every guys in the classroom wants to be Tuxedo Mask. And so are we - the Sailor Girls haha. By that time, I am Sailor Mercury on the group. Funny to think it now. I can remember Angelika dela Cruz sung the Tagalog version of this.



12) The Adventures of Tom Sawyer



13) Masked Rider Black
I even collected "Teks" cards that are included in the Cheesedog snack. This is the most dramatic ending song of all cartoons. Title is "Long Long Ago 20th Century" - of course I have soundtrack Haha.




14) Shaider
Annie..Alexis..Shigi-Shigi..




15) Machine Man



16) Ultraman
Very bad production but still good to watch.



17) Maskman
Waaah. I miss this. It was sad when the robot died.




18) Five Man
Loved the soundtrack too.



19) Voltes V
Need I say more?



20) Magmaman
Same as Ultraman, very low and bad production but still worth watching Haha.




21) Turbo Rangers
Not "Power" but Turbo.




Now I can say, I am so lucky to be a child of the 90s!!!

10 comments:

Peej said...

I was searching for Bioman on Google (uhm yeah, a little weird I know haha) and it brought me here. Good stuff. I mean it. =) I can sit here and listen to your playlist the whole day. No, seriously... right now 'Where are you going' by DMB is playing., and I probably only know two, yes TWO people, who knows that song. I love what you listen to! Be easy.~

Jake~

Anonymous said...

Hi, can u pls hrlp me? Where can I watch "ang pasko ni santa"? Can u pls send a message fermin.aromin@yahoo.com
Gusto ko lng mapanood.. plss po...

Anonymous said...

Ako rin gusto ko mapanood yung pasko ni santa. jaz.gwyshop@gmail.cim

Salamat po sa may magandang loob

Anonymous said...

Meron na po ba may copy ng pasko ni santaaaa?????


Utang na loob, pahingi po kami copy!!! :DDDD

Anonymous said...

Nako sana naman may makakuha or makapag.upload man lang ng "Ang Pasko ni Santa!" by Jolina Magdangal.. -kutchikath-

Anonymous said...

Good day. sana active pa po kayo. pa send din po ako ng "Ang Pasko ni Santa!" by Jolina Magdangal. Here my gmail dingdonggozar@gmail.com papa ranas ko din sa anak ko kung gaano kaganda at kasa maging batang 90's mabuhay po kayo.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Swerte ng 90's kid naexperience natin ang simpleng buhay noon at sa tulong ng makabagong teknolohiya ngayon e nagkaroon tayo ng access para makabalikan ang mga kinalakihan natin. Nakakamiss maging bata tuwing umaga may cartoons, ganun din sa gabi.

Unknown said...

Also searching Pasko ni Santa video. I want my son to be able to watch it...

Anonymous said...

try nio po i seach sa youtube... ang orig title ng pasko ni santa is "MORI NO TONTO TACHI"... lately ko lang siya nadiscover... original japanese nga lang yung audio walang tagalog... though

Unknown said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9QYI-w5W0M&feature=youtu.be Pasko ni Santa jap version

Post a Comment