August 4, 2011

Take Me Home, Tonight


Just watched this, not bad, not bad at all..

..and the soundtrack? The best 80s soundtrack... sweet, cool, relax.. esp. Let My Love Open The Door by Pete Townshend.

This is like those 80’s set mid twenties coming of age movies that have characters trying to figure out what to do with the rest of their lives. It was a pretty decent retro movie with some pretty good laughs.. I can say that the "drama" part doesn't really carry much weight but it's still fine.

Gotta LOVE Topher Grace here. I just realized that he looks like Jericho Rosales when acting.


Teresa Palmer? Looks like a blonde Kristen Stewart to me. The only difference -- Teresa is not irritating haha. I just learned that she is "# 6" in "I Am Number Four.."


Actually the story line is just simple.. It all takes place in one night.. Boy has crush on girl in high school.. Years later they meet up by some labor weekend party and have a magical night together.. Girl gets mad at boy about lying to her when he was just trying to impress her. Girl forgives boy.. They live happily ever after (romantic comedy cliche).. but I think I loved this movie not because it’s something totally awesome.. but because it’s something simple and so true..

My favorite scene would be the "Boob Scene".. really funny! so natural.


But this movie really offers more bad influences than good moral values. However, it's still alright for some no-brainer amusement when you have time to spend.


You haven’t really failed son, because you haven’t really tried to succeed. So don’t credit yourself for being a failure.
Matt’s dad Take Me Home Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment