August 14, 2011

Remembering Mr. Bean


I loved him since I was a kid.

He doesn’t talk, he loves his teddy and lives alone - that is Mr. Bean played by Rowan Atkinson in a hit 90's British TV show broadcast from 1990-1996. Rowan Atkinson played a childlike, slightly alien man which everyday tasks turn into disaster. His car became famous, a green mini cooper. He is always seen in his trademark tweed jacket and skinny red tie.

At the beginning of each episodes, Mr. Bean falls from the sky in a beam of light, accompanied by a choir singing Ecce homo qui est faba - Behold the man who is a bean.

Luckily, I have complete DVD copies of Mr. Bean Episodes.

My ultimate favorites are the "Date", "Exam", "Pool" and "Airplane" episodes. But the best episode for me is the "Church" where he sings Alleluia - very funny.






No comments:

Post a Comment