January 6, 2011

Tikoy time!

I am not Chinese but I super love Tikoy.


Tikoy is a sticky pudding which is usually a treat every Chinese New Year. It is considered bringing good luck inside home and it is usually given because its stickiness represents the strong bond of friendship that the giver wishes to have with its recipient. Well, I'm not sure but of this saying but I just love eating this. Haha.

We usually buy Tikoy days before the Chinese New Year. But this week, I went to Binondo and grabbed Tikoy and Hopia. Food Tripping in Binondo.. the best! Can't resist Eng Bee Tin Shop and uber delicious Custard Cake in Salazar bakery. Sometimes I go there just to ease my cravings.

How do I cook Tikoy? I like mine dipped in beaten egg then fried.

So, Kung Hei Fat Choi!

No comments:

Post a Comment