January 9, 2011

American Idol's Best



American Idol is just about the corner. It will premiere on January 19 and I am very excited!

Hope this season is gonna be a "competition" just like Season 7 - the best season when all the Top 6 are great..

I'm trying to revisit all the classic performances I've watched and here's my list of the best eva!










Carrie Underwood - Alone





In my opinion, the best performance in American Idol history. No one ever top this performance.














Carly Smithson - Jesus Christ Superstar





Sad to say that this is her elimination song but I agree with the judges that this is her best performance in the show. Amazing huge voice!



Adam Lambert - The Tracks Of My Tears




The best performer in the show ever. I take a good look at his face and melt.


see video here






Adam Lambert - Mad world





Great cover of the song. Awesome. Chills up my spine.


see video here






Adam Lambert - Black or White






His first Top 12 Performance - Michael Jackson song - he nailed it.

see video here








Fantasia Barrino - I believe



This is the one and only song that I ever loved from Fantasia. This one went straight to my heart.



Jasmine Trias - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me


The word "pitchy" became so popular because of Jasmine. I don't know why the judges are always harsh to her. She's good but yeah compared to Fantasia.. But she made it to Top 3, thanks to her asian followers.



Contantine Maroulis - Bohemian Rhapsody



This guy was the only one that gave justice to any Queen song. Rock on!



Elliot Yamin - Knocks Me Off My Feet




Adam Sandler is that you? He's the best in Season 6. Amazing soul performance.



Anthony Fedorov - I Want To Know What Love Is


This is the only guy that really pulled off this song in AI. I'm kinda surprised.



Carly Smithson - Here You Come Again




This Dolly Parton song became my instant favorite because of her. I think she turned a dated song into a modern ballad and it's dreamy. She's fantastic!



Brooke White - I Am ... I Said


I will always remember when she forgot the lyrics in her "You must loved me" performance. But I liked her very much in Season 7. She put every emotion on every song she performed. In addition to her great voice, she sings with her fingers. The piano is like an extension of her voice.



David Archuleta - Long and Winding Road

This is one of the Beatles song that I like. Coming from a horrible "We can work it out" performance a week before, he made sure to deliver an outstanding performance and he did. One of the best singers ever in Idol, and the most charming.



David Archuleta - Think Of Me



I guess, he could have won the title if he waited one year. His smile is enough to capture the audience. This song is actually a female original but he came with his original version and it actually sounds better.



Carrie Underwood - Inside Your Heaven




One of Carrie's amazing performances. Beautiful voice, beautiful face, beautiful idol.



Carrie Underwood - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All



FYI. She had sinus infection in this performance. Truly Astonishing. Best female performer in the show ever.



Carrie Underwood - Angels Brought Me Here


Effortless. Just pure talent. Simon Cowell was like "Carrie, after a performance like this, you've done enough to win this competition. Congratulations!"



David Cook - The Music of the Night


Cook singing Phantom of the Opera was like "What?" But this was epic. He sounded perfect.



David Cook - Always Be My Baby



Need I say more? This song became an instant classic. I don't know if people even remember this as a Mariah Carey original after this performance.



Jason Castro - Somewhere Over the Rainbow




He totally stole this cover style from Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole from 50 First Dates Soundtrack. Thank goodness he's adorable. Haha.



Jason Castro - Hallelujah



One of the best perfomances in AI. A Jeff Buckley original but sorry this is better than his. Truly inspirational. Nice clean voice.



Michael Johns - A Day In The Life



He has a unique style when singing. This song is too big for anybody to sing. Nobody can top John Lennon or Paul McCartney. Not the perfect performance but definitely very good.



Carly Smithson - Blackbird



Another Beatles's song in AI. Carly can do every genre with her powerful voice. I just loved her.




Jason Castro - Forever in blue jeans



He introduced me with this song and I loved it.


Ju'Not Joyner - Hey There Delilah



One of the best in Season 8 but he didn't made the Top 12. I love the Plain White T's version but he made his own R&B version. Great performance!



Kris Allen - Falling Slowly



This is an original song from Once soundtrack. Because of this performance, he put Adam Lambert on a pedestal. It is a very moving and heartfelt performance.

listen to his performance here














Casey James - Jealous Guy



His best performance in the show. Absolutely amazing. Any doubt why he is Kara Dioguardi's apple of the eye?




Casey James - Heaven



Great voice. Killer smile. Clean-looking guy even with that kind of hair. Very handsome indeed. Feels like heaven?





Katie Stevens - Let it be


Beautiful rendition of a very famous Beatles song. She had the most emotional moment when she sung this as she was voted off. Randy Jackson was like, "Listen, this is your best performance ever. Dude, those were hot vocals, that was ridiculous, this is why you're in the top 9"


Michael Lynche - It only hurts when I'm breathing


I don't like him but I liked this performance. Shania Twain must be happy to hear this version.



Siobhan Magnus - Across the Universe



What can I say? I love this girl. She's my girl version of Adam Lambert. This is my favorite performance from her. I love the Beatles but OMG, I know John has to be loving this up there!



Siobhan Magnus - Through the fire



Screaming? Well for me this version is nice. C'mon! She's so underrated in this show.



Siobhan Magnus - Superstition


She's beautiful, talented, such a sweetheart, and did I mention incredibly talented?



Siobhan Magnus - Think


I'm speechless. That last note.. whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment