September 18, 2010

Tiago Splitter!

The NBA season is right around the corner, which means a new batch of rookies is ready to be unveiled. I just think that John Wall will win the ROY but I guess Tiago Splitter will be a contender. I've been watching him play in Brazil and he really is amazing inside the paint. I guess Pop should use him often so he'll learn from Tim Duncan too. On side note, I think he looks like Ashton Kutcher and Kyle Korver..


Tiago Splitter was drafted by the Spurs in 2007 with pick #28 (first round). Through a number of situations, Tiago and the Spurs decided it might have been best to allow him to develop overseas before he joined the NBA. When the Spurs drafted him, in the ACB he averaged 10.7 points, 6 rebounds in 29 minutes. During the 2009-2010 season, Tiago averaged 15.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, in the same amount of time of 29 minutes. He improved by 5 points and nearly 1 rebound.


I really enjoyed watching him in FIBA just like Rubio so I guess we'll have to see what they can bring in the NBA. I guess he is so ready to compete this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment