September 17, 2010

Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming


Any sequel of a movie will always be compared to the first one. I can say that the FIRST movie is still the best - the story, the dance, and the emotional impact. I think this movie is in desperate need of a sense of humor. There’s a few witty jokes sprinkled throughout the movie but what it really needed was to not take itself quite so seriously. The characters here are great especially tWitch. DJ's (Columbus Short) appearance in the movie as "the legend" of TNT added a slight impact when he had the inpirational message at the end when everything seems to be ruined. I didn't quite like the scipt overall because it's very predictable but when Chance’s step team performs their final dance dressed as rejects from Mortal Kombat - that’s pretty special.. goosebumps all over! Of course, Explosions in the Sky's music will always add the intangibles. I didn't see the brilliance of Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming compared to the first one. I guess they didn't focus much on the dance routine and they highlighted more of the melodramatic plot. But still, it is worth watching for me. Just don't expect a lot of amazing crazy moves! My thought on the movie was that it was overall pretty good. I think it's a three out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment