September 10, 2010

09.09.10

“Some things never last, but will always be cherished.”


I’ve been talking about leaving HSBC many times before even before we are transferred to Alabang. After months of thinking, I knew - I knew that my heart will always belong to HSBC. I like to stay but I also like to try something knew. So I applied to some internal openings of HSBC and luckily I was accepted to a position in the same department and also I will be back to the Fort. I wrote in my previous blog about my feelings towards the situation. Then it finally happened. This is it. My last day in Alabang.

Today marked my last day in iHub Alabang. I am sad but at the same time happy that I am about to try something new in my life. It is never hard for me to leave Alabang but I’m sure that I will miss the people. It will never be the same again without the usual people I see everyday. Last night, I wrote simple messages to each person that I’m sure I’m gonna miss via Lotus Notes. Also, I prepared a simple merienda from Bulacan for CAO people. It’s always been the same food every year during my previous birthdays in HSBC. Just this time, I ordered less than last year. I am not expecting any surprises at all because we are all busy in our work. I actually did a farewell video tribute to my special team this morning because I was not able to do it last night. As time passed by, I am feeling all this mixed emotions already especially when people are sending farewell messages to me already. After the merienda, I went to Boracay conference room to show the video to my teammates. All of a sudden, people are coming in and there I knew something is about to happen. The boys of CAO prepared a harana for me. It is really touching because I knew they are all busy. But what is really touching and funny is the video prepared by some of my closest guys in the office - Mark, VJ, and Edward. I noticed their sleepy eyes in the morning and because Mark borrowed my laptop, I knew they will do something for me. I though it’s just a simple video message, but it is the best effort I know they could do to me. I don’t know if they ever did that to someone but I cannot find the words to express my gratitude to them. I am really touched big time! So there it is – it happened so quickly, it’s time to say goodbye and take the final pictures inside the office with the people so dear to me. I know I will see them someday. But for now, I am looking forward to sharing memories with another group of people. Goodbye iHUb Alabang.

No comments:

Post a Comment