July 7, 2012

I Heart Coron!


So what did I do in Coron for 5 days besides my previous posts? Of course, my favorite past time – EATING!

Of course when you hear Coron, first thing on your mind is island hopping. But did you know that Coron has something to offer when it comes to the matter of food tripping?

So what is the best restaurant in Coron? Well, for me it is BISTRO Coron. This is located near the town market, walking distance from Baywalk and is owned by a Swiss named Bruno and his Filipina wife. Their bistro pizza is the best! I wish there is bistro in Manila. They also have other delicious food and they are cheap. Wines, cocktails, beers, and delicious desserts are also available here. This is why we are here almost everyday. We even thought of taking away pizza back to Manila. This restaurant is truly remarkable, a must for every tourist going to Coron!













We also tried CENTRO Coron which I think has the same owner. Centro is more of a carinderia style compared to Bistro. They have set meals (variands, rice, drink). We often order 3 set meals to choose from. Bistro and Centro are both open air so expect a warm ambiance in the restaurant.











For me, these two restaurants are my favorites so make sure to drop by and try their foods.

Aside from eating, we also enjoyed watching sunset at Lualhati Park in Coron Baywalk. We spent a lot of time here just feeling the sea breeze and relaxing weather.










On Sunday, we attended the mass at San Augustine Church in Coron Town. 




Since we can't find any good stuff for pasalubong in their souvenir shops, we just bought a couple of magnets and key chains for remembrance. 




We went to the cashew nut factory and bought pasalubong. I bought many roasted, brittled, and sweetened cashews for pasalubongs. They gave us free tastes. The best cashew I've ever tasted! It's newly cooked.







Before boarding the plane, we tried the famous cafe in Coron - B.O.G cafe. They offer many drinks just like Starbucks. It has its own store in Coron town but it is closed when we arrived so we just tried the smaller one in the airport.





So that's it! Our Coron, Palawan experience is truly memorable. Five is enough to explore the town and enjoy the Island hopping. I want to come back, maybe if they offer an airbus plane already because I am no comfortable with the propeller plane. Really. Woohoo Coron!


No comments:

Post a Comment