January 19, 2013

Hanoi, Vietnam Hopping =)

Why did I choose Hanoi and not Ho Chi Mihn last November? 

First, because I want to see Ha Long Bay "descending dragon bay". 

I visited Coron, Palawan last May and fell love with the islands. So visiting Ha Long Bay should be interesting for me. We availed the cruise ship in our hotel. It is approximately 3-hour trip from the city. We rode the bus van together with other tourists and upon reaching the port, we rode the cruise ship and took our sumptuous lunch while cruising the island. It is so windy and you can stay in the second level of the ship. Very nice. Just chilling around a great atmosphere of Ha Long bay. 








Several islands have caves inside. We visited one cave, Thien Cung Grotto. It is so big and I am amazed. I saw the underground river in Palawan before and saw many unique stalactite formations but this is better. And you just have to walk around and see by the light the formations. This is such a beauty of nature joined by great imagination of man. So this Ha Long Bay Trip is like Coron and Puerto Princesa in one. We went back to the port around 5pm and arrived the hotel around 9pm. At night, we visited a small store of pirated DVDs and bought some (maybe 12pcs). In fairness, DVDs here are cheap that are only sold around P50 with Blu-Ray quality. Downside is they are Vietnamese-subtitled, no English  But for some it really doesn't matter. They have a street in Hanoi that sells only Cds & DVDs.



Afterwards, we visited Sofitel Metropole and spent the night here. Chill.






Second reason I like Hanoi is that I read that this is also a Four-season cultural city of Vietnam. When we arrived, the temperature is ranging from 17 °C-22 °C - Winter is just about to start in November. I fell in love with this kind of temperature since going to Seoul,Korea. So I prefer here than Ho Chi Mihn which I heard has a very Manila-like temperature.



Third, I'm so curious of the Old Quarter. I heard that it is very nice and a must see. It is just walking distance to our hotel so we are always here. It is near Ho Kiem Lake, near the  Water Puppet Theater. Old Quarter has the original street layout and architecture of old Hanoi. I remember Vigan, Ilocos here. Every street sells different things. Like a street of fruits, vegetables, coffee, Dvds, Clothing, Shoes, and many more. I can hang out here for a 3 days. Dong Xuan Market is also located here, a good place for shopping.














Laslty, Hanoi is a perfects place for tourists who just want to relax and have coffee, a bit of shopping (Hanoi shopping is cheap) and just want to experience old culture.  Best buy here are bags and shoes. I bought many bags and my luggage here.




I miss Hanoi now.

1 comment:

App Developers Gurgaon said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

Post a Comment