December 29, 2011

Missing Donna Cruz

On my way to the gym, using my old ipod on shuffle, I found myself listening to "Tayo Lang Dalawa" by Donna Cruz. She is one of my favorite singers when I was a kid. I actually have a complete set of her albums. One of my favorite songs of all time is "I can" by Donna,Regine,Mikee from also one of my favorite movies, DO RE MI. I suddenly miss her songs. I can remember during her "Villa Quintana" days, she was GMA's next big thing but then she fell in love and said goodbye to showbizness to focus on her personal life. Now I feel I'm getting older seeing her old videos and listening to her songs. Haha


 

Let me share some of my favorite hit songs of her:

I CAN - as mentioned above, one my favorite song of all-time.

 


ONLY ME AND YOU – a very memorable song for me. When I was in Grade 5, I would sing this in in front of the class in the MUSIC class. Oh cmon! I’m a singer way back. haha.

TAYO LANG DALAWA – very simple, but I like the tune and the "tagos-pusong" lyrics.

ISANG TANONG ISANG SAGOT
– very teeny bopper, every kid in Highschool will relate to this. A movie of the same title was released with her and Jason Everly starring in it in that same year. One of my favorite videoke songs.

IKAW LANG ANG MAHAL – composed by Vehnee Saturno and was used in “Esperanza” soap opera before.

HABANG MAY BUHAY - of course, the ultimate inspirational song of Donna that until now many are singing. 'After Image' also has version of this.

KAPAG TUMIBOK ANG PISO - how can I forget? we used this song in our 'Kilos Awit" way back in second year highschool. Very upbeat and cute song.

I WILL BE HERE TO STAY – the inspiring true love song Donna Cruz song for me.

IKAW LANG AT AKO - I like the lyrics and tune. But the note is too high for me to sing in videoke haha.


I could really list many more beautiful songs by Donna Cruz that some are not released on the radio like 'Boy I love you', 'Hulog Ng Langit' and 'Ikaw Pala 'yon'. I really do hope Donna releases a new album. As we all know, many OPM singers nowadays are reviving songs and I don't like it. I know I am not the only one who miss beautiful original songs from this extraordinary talented woman.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna Cruz was my childhood hero... I hope she releases a new album... I love all of her songs... my favorite would be the unreleased track off her Pure DONNA album "Where Could He Be?"

Post a Comment