December 25, 2010

What I love about Christmas?

Wow, exactly a year ago, I was in San Francisco celebrating the freezing Christmas. Time flies really fast. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I’m just like a kid, literally screaming “It’s Christmas!” even if it is still weeks ago.

Why am I getting sentimental every Christmas? Is it maybe because it reminds me the past – those things worthy enough to repeat every year? Or maybe because I find myself letting go of some memories that I want to start some new ones.

When I was a kid, all I enjoy is unwrapping Christmas gifts and going to my Godparents to receive those mighty cash. But as an adult, I admit that I am secretly still enjoying the GIFTS. It touches me in personal way. There’s something to be said about the thought behind a gift being the important part.

Actually, it really was never about the gifts, but about making the whole season special for us and for others. I say that holiday is all about being with FRIENDS and FAMILY. It’s all about reconnecting what could be left behind during the time of the year. Christmas time also brings in us the spirit of giving. It's a very glorious feeling indeed. We are really like a rolling cart, going houses to houses just to give this food made by my mom. It’s really an awesome feeling to give. It's not about "stuff" but about giving to others in whatever way we can.

Of course, MUSIC is special. When you start hearing them anywhere, you know the Christmas spirit is already in the air, even as early as September, the start of the -ber months. I love Christmas songs. Hearing Jose Mari Chan’s Christmas album being played over and over again gets me blue and relaxed in such way. Christmas songs truly warm the heart, even those upbeat ones.

What’s really the best thing about Christmas? FOOD. OMG. I love our default food – Lechon, Menudo, Fruit Salad, Lumpiang Shanghai, my mother’s delicacies etc. There is no gym but I always keep in mind that it’s all temporary. All weight loss plan get thrown out the window. I love it! It’s Christmas! This, too, shall pass. Haha. Eating during Christmas is the best!

Seriously, at the end of the day, I never fail to thank HIM for the reason of everything. I'm just happy that God gave me the strength to overcome all the troubles I experienced this year. I'm so thankful for this Christmas. It is the perfect moment to just stop for a moment and really think of the intangible gifts of the season. Good health, prosperity, and LOVE.

Anyway, I hope all of you are having a Merry Christmas, eating too much, drinking (not) too much and enjoying the company of friends and loved ones or just relaxing in the solitude mood of a Christmas evening alone, awash in holiday nostalgia and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment