August 20, 2012

Bugis Street, Singapore


Singapore is not really a place to shop for cheap clothes but Bugis Street is one of the few places where you can score shopping goodies in Singapore at relatively affordable prices so don't miss this out. Actually this has been my favorite hangout during my 2-weeks stay in Singapore because of cheap and good foods around. Bugis street is not actually literally in the street, but it is like a small covered 4-storey mall which sells mostly clothes and food.



 

Near the entrance of Bugis street, I saw the a stall selling Roti buns. Thumbs up for this. The roti bun is so big  that can probably feed an entire family. Gosh I miss this already! I tried the kaya and peanut roti bun. Don't miss this!


Also, you can see other stalls selling all unique kind of street foods of Singapore.



While walking around Bugis Street, you may get to see many stands selling sliced fruits and shakes. There are lots of watermelon, apple, kiwi, cantaloupe, dragon fruit, and other refreshing fruits whose name I may not be familiar with. My favorite is the Green Kiwi shake!


Going deep inside Bugis Street, there is a spot filled with lots of hawker stations. But I didn't had the chance to try because I'm quite full.

When you get out of Bugis Street you can see the famous $1 ice cream in the street. Try everything as much as possible! They are all good. You can choose from different flavors to put into your sandwich bun or wafer.




Bugis Street is also home to many high-end shopping malls like Bugis Junction and Iluma where you can see the biggest Uniqlo store, and high-end hotels like the Intercontinental Singapore. 





So that's it. My favorite place in Singapore, Bugis street. Awesome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment