December 31, 2010

Looking Back at 2010

Oh, it’s New Year’s Eve.

I love this day - a day to reflect on the past year and look towards a new one. I usually do an annual recap of each year in my past blogs. This time, I won’t elaborate much and focus on my general experience of the year that was.

Looking back at 2010, I must say it has been a fun and eventful year. Amidst the stress and expectations of my job, I managed to slip in some fun times too. I'm so blessed to have a good health and to be surrounded by true friends and loving family.

2010 was a huge year. I experienced so much and it has made me a completely different person to who I was this time a year ago. This year had brought me good memories. Good memories that I will cherish forever. Of course, I had my ups and downs, but the good times outweigh the bad. The good and bad things that have happened in this year have brought me to realize who I am today. I thank 2010 for teaching me wrong from right. I realized who my true friends are. Yeah – because of the bad times, I definitely grew in a lot of aspects this year. I've matured tremendously. I feel stronger and more confident in myself. It’s taken a lot to get to this point. But I don’t regret one bit of it. I’m really happy and proud of myself. I met some pretty amazing people, and made awesome memories that I’m sure I’ll never forget. I thank those new people I’ve met this year for giving me the chance to share such wonderful experiences with them. I say sorry to those I hurt. I guess some things are really not meant to happen in the first place. And to the old people in my life, I thank them for staying and I’m looking forward to creating wonderful memories with them.

This year had brought me this far, so as I say goodbye 2010 and hello 2011, I say that in this year, I learned the most in my life. Hopefully, next year will be better and I will be happier. Many moments in 2010 were my downfall, so 2011 will be my pickup. So 2010, I say goodbye to all of your regrets, opportunities missed, and those shitty times. I know that I’ll be so much stronger this coming year.

2010 – You have been tough on me. This year is full of goodbyes. But whatever, I really don’t mind now. Past is past. I wouldn’t want the past to be in my future - with the exceptions of some events and people. I'm not sad to see you go, but I'll always remember you as one hell of a year life changing full of heart break and drama. But, overall 2010 was okay. I mean, it could have been better, but then again, it could have been a lot worse. I am just thankful that I have the support and love from everyone I do.

2010 - I’ve learned. I’ve loved. I’ve lost. I’ve lived.

2010 - Thank you for the great year! you made me cry - you made me laugh - you made me sing - you made me dance - and you made me stronger person that’s ready to face a new battle.

Okay, let me cut this before I get too sappy.

Peace out, 2010!

2011, please be kind ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment