October 31, 2010

Acceptance

Because it was your choice after all

And you leave me with none

As much as I want to talk to you

Like before

We can’t

As much as I want to make fun of you

Like before

Still, we can’t anymore

Why?

That question I’ve been asking for a year now,

And for a year I knew the answer all along

Someone just made me realize

That I’m right

It’s not because you don’t want to talk

It’s not because we’re not close friends anymore

It’s because you chose her

And the threat is the history we have,

Isn’t it?

Acceptance.

It’s something I finally understand

It’s something I have to live with

Even if I don’t want to

That’s how life is,

We have to live and put up with some things

Even if we don’t want to

Life is unfair

But eventually in return

It gives you something more

Than you really asked for—

Better.

Acceptance.

I guess I can leave it to rest

Letting go.

My heart is still breaking,

But I’m not forgetting.

Moving on,

Moving forward.

Life is still good. :)

But I’m forever gonna miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment