January 6, 2012

Skype-ing!

I just remembered my post before about Skype. I remembered how I told that my friend was again getting in touch to his ex-girlfriend thru Skype. When I first heard about it from a friend close to him, my initial reaction was, “Really? He’s getting back to his ex-girlfriend via Skype and chooses a long distance relationship over someone that he’s seeing in front of him everyday? Haha. Before I don’t believe it. I mean, cmon! Long distance? How can you even feel her touch? Her company? How can you kiss her? But yeah. Now I understood the feeling. I mean I must admit that Skype is one of the greatest inventions in the world. You can talk and see someone just like you’re in front of each other for real. I can’t believe I am using Skype now. I can’t believe that I am going to actually need it just to see someone and talk so that your day would be complete. You would do anything to get the free wi-fi access just to connect online. You even considered buying those unlimited wifi that will add to your monthly bills. I realized that it’s hard being away from someone you truly miss. Especially when you want to feel the person beside you but just can’t at the moment. But somehow, after your Skype sessions, you feel happy and satisfied than nothing at all. Somehow, it eases the longing. But of course, you still wish that you can be together for real. On the brighter side, you look forward each and every day for another Skype session. With this, your bond of communication gets stronger and intact. I think it is a must for every real relationship. It is a good foundation of a serious relationship. But can it work forever? I guess distance matters when there is trust issue. But you have no choice. Would you let go of the person you like? Or will you keep holding on to the possibility that there will come a time you will be together? For me, it’s just simple. Choose what will make you happy. Don’t think of the future but rather enjoy the present moment. Most importantly, throw away the negative instincts and don’t stress yourself too much thinking things. Seriously, it will make you cry and act like crazy. Just go with the flow. If someone broke the trust, then let go. So, thank you Skype for bringing us closer to our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment