October 2, 2011

Antoinette Taus in Kinfolk 9




Former teen star Antoinette Taus is part of Kinfolk 9, a professional vocal group from Los Angeles that’s been named one of the top 14 contenders in the The Sing-Off.  The group’s other members are: Mary Akpa, David Fertello, Kari Francis, Jon Hall (one of the Warblers on Glee), Moises Navarro, Jenilee Reyes, Angelique Sheppard, and Daniel Weidlein.

Taus: “Akala ko madali. Grabe, [this is] one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, singing-wise. Kasi if you’re singing a cappella, it has to be extremely perfect. One little mistake, one pitchy part, ruins everything because there’s no music,” said Taus. “It’s almost like I’m not just doing it for me, I’m also doing it for Filipinos everywhere. It’s really important to me that people know that I’m a Filipino.”

No comments:

Post a Comment