June 21, 2010

Cheers to Five Years!!!

Today, we are not only celebrating Father’s day but also my fifth fruitful career in HSBC. Believe it or not, I have already achieved something for myself. Maybe it’s not big deal to others but for me, it’s a wonderful feeling to make it this far. In my previous blogs, I have told all my ups and downs when it comes to my job. To deal with it takes a lot of patience and maturity. I can say that HSBC taught me a lot of things that improved not only my skills and ability but also my sense of individuality – the balance between work, leisure, and other physical activities. My first two years in HSBC is the best. All I can remember is coming to Ortigas, “playing” the job, thinking where to eat and stay for lunch (Megamall, Podium, or St. Francis Square).
Before the day ends, you pose for some picture taking and if time permits, do some video shootings. Reminiscing all these times only makes me wish that it could again happen in the future. Transferring in the Fort last March 2006 ended to one of the biggest decisions in my life. I choose to live independently by renting in different apartments around the area. At first, I don’t know if I can deal with the situation but it turned out to be a wise decision. After all, I know almost every house chores so I actually did not have any trouble making adjustments. I also had many chances to socialize with other people compared when we are in Ortigas wherein I have to go home early to chase my time of sleep. This time, I own the time and I can make use of it with other leisure time like hanging out with friends and of course, going to the gym. Last December 2009, our department was transferred to Alabang that really became a problem to majority of us. Not only that it is far from our homes, but also it is an issue of job security. A lot of buzz has been spreading that our jobs will likely be transferred to HDPP making us jobless. But as of writing, we really don’t know what is ahead of us. Our relocation has many cons. I actually don’t see any pros about it but I guess things like this happen for a reason. It is just a matter of learning how to cope with it. Many of us already resigned and now we are faces to uncertain future. As time goes by, the people I learned to love in the office are slowly going to different places. I can’t help but be emotional and sad. Of course, it’s a fact that our current situation is not happy anymore. I admit that there are so many things that has changed in the working environment. I am already prepared to the worst but I am hopeful that some positivity will come out. Only time can tell. For now, I am making the most of everyday. I still have some friends in the office. I cannot live a life full of negative emotions so I guess the best way to deal with it is to find other ways to make me happy. That’s life. Cheers to another five years???

No comments:

Post a Comment