August 20, 2012

Singapore in 2 weeks


My travel to Singapore last June 11-June 23 was awesome. Even if I traveled alone, I never experienced any boredom there. Singapore is a fine city. Even if you walk at night, you will feel secured and safe. For 2 weeks, I enjoyed walking around and appreciating the beauty of Singapore. Also, the city is so small you can tour just by walking.. I did that.. walking from Lavender to Little India, then Bugis, then City Hall. Amazing right? That's Singapore. Every place is so close to each other.

Talk about Malls. Singapore is the place to be. I've went to every Malls in the City. My favorite is Suntec City Mall because it is huge and it has the largest fountain the world, the Fountain of Youth. 









Sim Lim Square is my favorite among electronics mall, because of it is cheap but I advise you research first and canvas before buying. Some are not credible. Ask the reception in the ground floor of where to buy your product. They told me that the stores with "STAR" mark in their floor are the ones who are credible. So watch out. For myself, I bought itouch in 'Song Brothers' in the ground floor. They are cheap and credible.



 I also went to Merlion Park, The Esplanade Theater, the Singapore Flyer, and of course, my ever loved Marina Bay Sands. Unfortunately, I don't have someone to accompany me on top of it. Maybe next time I will go there and see what's in the top of Marina Bay. I heard there is infinity pool. Wow.










Temples? I am not a fan of visiting Temples when touring but in Singapore, with lots of time, I visited EVERY temple in the city. Not actually on purpose, but because I usually walk, I took the chance to see them. In fairness, I enjoyed some of them.









I recommend to go to Chinatown if you are looking for the cheapest souvenirs like keychains, magnets, shirts, and other Singapore items. Little India is ideal if you are only food tripping, but you can't see any special in this place for sight-seeing.






The hawker foods in Singapore are just the best! I visited one of the top hawker food courts in the city, Maxwell Centre in Chinatown. Usually one serving is good for 2-3 persons so if you will have a food trip, go find someone with you. I didn't taste everything in the top list of hawker foods, maybe next time. I'm referring to this list -- http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/none/40-singapore-foods-we-cant-live-without-810208

 






 

That's it!

I really enjoyed my trip in Singapore. 

I'm sure I will be back in Singapore with friend/s next time! 

I would love to!

No comments:

Post a Comment