February 12, 2012

Surviving Valentines Day

 

Why am I even writing this blog about Valentines day? Just "Diether Ocampo" drama? haha. Well I am spending another V-day alone again.. just like every year. Well for all the single ladies like me, it is the lamest day of the year. Of course, as much as possible I want to skip this day because I am jealous to all the couples out there. But do I have a choice? So based on my experience, I think some tips are needed to get through it.

1.) Avoid malls and restaurants - Of course, do you want to see all the cheesy Vday stuff around you?
2.) Watch your favorite family/cartoon/comedy movie - Cheaper by the Dozen, Home Alone, Brother Bear always works for me.
3.) Hit they gym! - Thankfully, Vday this year is my favorite day at the gym because of my favorite class. Just enjoy the class.
4.) Go home early. Sleep early - If there is no overtime at work, go home and sleep.Who doesn't want to sleep at least 8 hours?
5.) Pray - Go to church, thank Him, and pray that you may finally meet your one true love.
6.) Spend your day with your closest friends or family - doesn't need personal appearance. It can be via text, chat, FB, email. Whatever seems to work between you.
7.) Chocolates!!! - This is the best tip for me. Buy your most favorite chocolate. For me, it adds happiness to all the hopeless romantics like me.
8.) Greet your crush/someone special - there will always be that someone in your life. Well a simple text message will do.


9.) Do not swallow the fact that you are single - is this vague? Well, still believe that you are amazingly beautiful and someday someone will be so lucky to have you.

So there you go. Now you know how I am surviving Vday alone every year. Happy Valentines everyone! Always remember to greet everyone with love no matter what your relationship status are. Of course, I am just feeling sentimental and sad during this day of the year, but I guess it's natural. We all want to feel loved. So while you are still waiting for that someone, make sure to surround yourself with the best love you can find! Keep the hopes alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment