March 13, 2011

Prayers to Japan

So, I’m sure everyone heard about the tsunami in Japan? Our thoughts are with everyone in Japan and hopefully there won’t be anymore lives lost than there all ready have been.

I can't stand watching the videos or just simply hearing stories about what happened in Japan. It saddens me and hurts me more that I can’t do much to help than pray. I can’t even imagine these horrible videos are for real. It was just like one of those disaster movies I’ve watched before. But on the back of my mind, it could be worse if the structures of the buildings are weak. Japan’s engineering was really amazing. Magnitude 8.9 in the Philippines I think will bring all of the structures down.

Imagine seeing this.. just like the movies..

Well, so here I am thinking aloud the aftermath of the quake and tsunami..

While we’re here worrying about our work, someone out there just lost his home. While we’re here thinking of what to eat later, someone in Japan just lost his family. While we’re here fretting about the slightest issues in our lives, someone out there is devastated by something that is beyond his control.. It’s so sad how we need disasters like this to happen to appreciate what we have and to realize how small and insignificant and fragile our lives really are.

Today I saw this posted in the net:

09-11-01 USAs tragedy
03-10-11 Japans tragedy
*add them together*
12-21-12 Earths tragedy

Coincidence?

I think for most Christians, we know the “signs”.. But it isn’t something we like to think of. We know Christ is coming back, but no one really likes the idea of how everything as we know will one day disappear. All these natural disasters in Haiti, New Zealand, Queensland, China & now Japan.. I don’t believe it’s a coincidence. I think we’re nearing the end and it’s approaching faster than we can imagine.

Thinking about this makes me wonder that if the world is going to end in a year or two, do I really want to be doing what I’m doing now? That’s why it is very important to really treat everyday as if it is your last. Looking at the brightside, I think we could learn something from this situation and reflect on the fact that life is more than just houses, possessions and an 8am-5pm job. I would never ever wish this kind of disaster on anyone.. the death toll has been far too high but I feel there is a kind of beauty in the way people have treated each other since the earthquakes.

So I think, more than ever before, we need to pray. Pray for the people out there, pray for this world. Pray so that God can reveal to us how we can make a difference in whatever time we have left. Meanwhile, continue praying for Japan, for the people who have lost everything, for the search and rescue teams, and for God’s mercy and grace to be upon them.

Japan, New Zealand, Libya, Mexico, and anywhere else in the world where people are hurt - BE STRONG. Rest assured, THE WORLD CARES.

Even with all that, Life is still amazing.

And because I am an animal lover, I’m at most hurt when I see dead pictures of animals.. and this one melts my heart..


No comments:

Post a Comment