February 17, 2012

02.14.12

Isn't it ironic?

I've mentioned some tips in my previous blog on how to survive Valentines day as single but what happened to me last Vday was unexpected. 

Well, first of all, I am transferring to the other department in our office. It was a surprise. I almost cried after hearing about it. I don't know, maybe because I feel so blessed with the team I have right now, we are so bonded that we are just like family. I'm sure am gonna miss the "FDs". In addition, I saw many couples outside the office, you can see some girls holding flowers and bouquet so I can't help but get a little jealous. Valentines has always been emo day for me. Though some are asking me out, if you are not him, I'd rather be alone and go home early. Anyway, after the announcement of my transfer, I received a surprised package from a friend in Australia. I couldn't actually believe it. It was my first time to have a package or gift on a Vday. I opened it and saw stuff toy, chocolates, and a Vday card with note on it. Maybe the thought of it couldn't outweigh my sad emotions. I should be happy right? But I don't know. I feel so sad. The thought of my transfer overwhelmed me on that day. But still, I called him to say thanks. I don't wanna cry, but I did without him noticing it through the sound of my voice. It was just a 15-minute call because I should head straight to the gym. Yeah, I scheduled my gym on a Valentines day. Why not? It was Tuesday after all. My friend asked me if we could have a chat but I refuse to. I chose gym over him. What happened to me? I felt so insensitive. But I thought going to the gym may ease the sadness but it didn't. I went home around 9pm and couldn't sleep. It was mixed emotions. I felt so bad on that day. It was "crayola" night.

The following day, I chose to be quiet but also realized that everything happens for a reason. Maybe change is good for me. It was just a moment of silence then afterwards, I am back to normal. By night, I talked to him about the package again and was so thankful. It was just that moment that I realized how sweet he was to do such an act. No one ever made me felt so special on a Vday except him. By this time, I am feeling guilty that I never had anything for him on that day just because of the fact that I never ever celebrated this Hearts day before. It was just an ordinary day for me.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen next. That's life. I have to adjust and cope with every situation - good or bad. Look at the brightside, I will learn new job and earn new friends hopefully. Goodbye to my friends and loved one in CAO, I am the overall first draft pick, be ready friends maybe you are next! =)

P.S. I am having the best time in my office especially because I am starting to be close to him again, my seatmate. Maybe fate isn't just so nice to me.. Oh well. To you, GOODBYE AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment