February 5, 2011

The Tourist

Prior to watching this movie, I had read so many bad reviews that I went in expecting to find complete garbage, which was not the case, in my opinion.


But as a Johnny Depp fan, I must see this movie.

In the end, well, I loved this movie. I understand that people expect more from Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie but come on, it wasn’t that awful. Watched it several times already and still never fail to impress me (actually it is just because of Johnny Depp.. Haha)



The storyline is just simple with a weird twist. But still Jolie’s prettiness and Johnny Depp’s hotness made up for everything. Actually, I can’t believe how beautiful she looked. It was the best thing about it. The movie wasn’t predictable at all.. I liked how it ended.

The credit song surprised me because it is one of my favorites.. ♫ Hold you in my arms, I just wanted to hold you in my arms. Far away, the ship is taken me far away, far away from the memorie of the people who care if I live or die. (MUSE, Starlight) ♫

Contrary to expectations, “The Tourist” is not an action film. It’s not even a straight out romance. It’s what I would call a “mystery romance”.

Because of this movie, the name Alexander Pearce would never be the same again.

Still, I loved the setting, the soundtrack, and Depp. He was so gorgeous here especially the train scene and the dance scene. I just enjoyed watching Johnny on the big screen again and see him act as someone a bit.. normal..


My favorite scene would be the train where they first met and the ending itself.



Venice, slow boat chases, opulence, fluff, comedy. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment