February 11, 2011

127 Hours


Warning: This film is not for wusses. I'm talking to myself.

The story: Guy gets stuck under a rock for 127 hours. That's that.




Startling, but excellent material.

It’s based on the frightening true story of Aron Ralston.


While trapped for 127 hours, he had premonitions, and all of them came true 3 years later after the accident - he met his wife then had a son.

Truly amazing and inspirational movie.

Good watch. James Franco is superb.


BEFORE


AFTER (drinking his urine)



So how did he get out of that rock?


Like I said, not for wusses.

Oh my gosh. This scene is really hard to watch. Until now, the bone breaking really got to me. I still can't believe it's possible. Ouch. I cringed when he literally ripped his own tendon off. It was like a rubber band. Oh and then using a rock to break his bone. Insane.

Could you do it? Given the same dire circumstances, could you take a dull multi-tool blade and cut off you arm? Could you break the bones, sever the tendons, and endure the unbelievable pain, and then finally rip that arm free?

Whew, this film is an adrenaline rush.

But excellent story, excellent cinematography, excellent acting.

What a great human perseverance story. I have been blown away.

This movie tells us that there is no force more powerful than the will to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment