August 6, 2010

Silent Sanctuary Mode.. again and again!

The first time I heard their music, “Ikaw Lamang”, I really search the singer and lyrics of it in the net. I found out it is included in the second album of Silent Sanctuary entitled “Fuschiang Pag-ibig” released in 2007. My brother has a copy of it so I listened and fell in love to all of their songs instantly. What I liked about their songs other than being original is the sincerity, the honesty of the feelings and emotions as if the writer experienced all of it in real life, and of course, the voice of Sarkie. He is not the original singer of the band but I liked him over the first one. Just like the soundtrack of (500) Days of Summer, I cannot count the number of times I played this album but I always listen to it in the office, walking to the gym, before I go to sleep, while taking a bath, in short, most of the time. I never get tired of it and I still dream of watching them live. They released their third album, “Mistaken for Granted” in 2009 but I only liked five tracks from that album: Hay Naku, The Saddest V.2, Hiling, Patunayan, and Hinga ng Malalim. Here are the tracks from “Fuschiang Pag-ibig” that I think all “emo” persons (ehem) can relate to. My favorite of all is “Kundiman”, “Ingat Ka”, and “Pink 5ive” (which often remind me of Bioman). I also like “Maalaala Mo Sana” - which is included in the album of Sana Maulit Muli Teleserye soundtrack. But all of them actually, kumbaga wala kang itatapon sa album nila, are good and worth listening to. I consider them one of the best since Eraserheads!

“Fuschiang Pag-ibig” (2007)
1. 14
2. Ikaw Lamang
3. Ingat Ka
4. Kismet
5. Nagtahan
6. Parol
7. Pink Five
8. Rebound
9. Summer Song
10. Sandali Lang
11. Kundiman
12. Maalaala Mo Sana







No comments:

Post a Comment