March 18, 2012

Goodbye El Presidente!



I was excited when I checked the nba website because I know it was trade deadline already. Well, for my Lakers, it's not Gasol but Derek Fisher who was traded to Houston. As well all know, Fisher was part of the 5-time Championship of Lakers and it is very difficult to accept what happened. Walton and Kapono also got traded to Cleveland cavaliers for point guard Ramon Sessions. Looking at the current roster of my team, it definitely improved especially at the back court adding the true point guard in Sessions. I am happy of course, another hope and chance for a title run. However, it was hard to absorb the loss of Fisher. His intensity off the court will be missed than on court. His leadership and dedication. I remember him crying while the San Antonio Spurs ended their 3-peat run back in 2004. As a die-hard Laker fan, I'd rather see Fisher retire than play in another team. I will surely miss him. Anyway, life goes on. His memories will remain forever - a true legendary Laker.


No comments:

Post a Comment